OER Lunch and Learn: Pressbooks/Hands-on Workshop
Ready to get your hands on Pressbooks? This workshop will walk you through the basics and give you an
opportunity to create the foundations for a text. In addition, we will dive deeper into some of the
integrations such as H5P and allow for plenty of questions and answer.
This session will be on Zoom:
* This session will include hands-on practice. If you have not done so already, please create a Pressbooks account. You may do so at: https://pressbooks.library.virginia.edu/ We recommend that you review the Getting Started link, as well.
* The focus of this session will be on personal use of Pressbooks vs. background information, sample use cases, etc. If you would like to review that information, we recommend viewing the Introduction to Pressbooks recording.
* If you attended our previous Introduction to Pressbooks session, you may seem some familiar content and activities. While we will start with some of the basic functions previously covered, we will also delve into more advanced features.
* If you have a project you are working on, please feel free to bring those materials (text, images, etc.) with you. If not, we will provide you with practice materials so that you may fully engage.
* As always, we invite you to bring your questions.
Related LibGuide: Open Educational Resources (OER) by Judy Thomas
- Wednesday, November 16, 2022
- 12:00pm - 1:30pm
- Hosted by Judy Thomas and Bethany Mickel .
Click to add to your Calendar! >> Add to a Calendar using iCal
The U.Va. Library is committed to hosting library events that are inclusive and welcoming to all. If you need certain accommodations to participate fully in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.