Collections Management and Development Team Brown Bag Discussion
The collections management and development team invites you to a Brown Bag discussion Wednesday, October 6 at noon about the challenges we face when collecting ebooks, with a special focus on accessibility.
This is not a discussion of "Print Books vs. Ebooks." Since ebooks will continue to play a key role in our collection development strategy, we’d like to dive into the confusing issues of ebook licensing, pricing, user experience, and accessibility to ensure that our collections live up to the promises they make.
Topics could include:
- User experiences and accessibility issues
- Opportunities for promoting accessible ebook features (e.g., did you know about the EBSCO ebooks platform accessibility primer? https://connect.ebsco.com/s/article/EBSCO-eBook-Accessibility-Guide?language=en_US)
- How does ebook licensing work? Prices, access models, individual titles vs. packages
- The permanence of ebooks
- Patron privacy
Zoom link below and on Outlook invitation attached.
Meeting ID: 951 1796 7225
- Wednesday, October 6, 2021
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- LHR Learning and Development Calendar
- Hosted by Leigh Rockey and the Collections Management and Development Team
Click to add to your Calendar! >> Add to a Calendar using iCal
The U.Va. Library is committed to hosting library events that are inclusive and welcoming to all. If you need certain accommodations to participate fully in this event, please contact email@example.com.