GIS Virtual Workshop - Points on Your Map: Street Addresses and More Spatial Things
Do you have a list of street addresses crying out to be mapped? Have a list of zip codes or census tracts you wish to associate with other data? We’ll start with addresses and other things spatial and end with points on a map, ready for visualization and analysis.
All sessions are one hour and assume participants have no previous experience using GIS. Sessions will be hands-on demonstrations with step-by-step tutorials and expert assistance. All sessions will be taught on Tuesdays from 2PM to 3PM and are free and open to the UVa and larger Charlottesville community. Late-comers are welcome and encouraged, registration is open until 1 hour before class. Click here for a full list of our Fall sessions.
- All sessions will be taught virtually, via Zoom. Unfortunately, there will be no in-person sessions this semester.
- Registration is required. This is the best way to get Zoom links out to our attendees without posting the links to the world.
- Sessions will be recorded and made available, along with our slides and hand-outs, on our Teaching Resources page.
- We can't provide laptops to attendees, so that will affect access to ArcGIS Pro. To be clear, Pro is NOT required to attend. However, it is required to complete the hands-on exercises on your own.
- Non-UVA attendees: Our suggestion would be to take advantage of one of the public computer labs on Grounds. If you are hesitant to use an indoor public space, another option is to acquire a Personal Use license. We know this isn't ideal for some, and we apologize for the inconvenience.
- Attendees with a Mac: ArcGIS Pro is not Mac compatible. There are several ways in which ArcGIS Pro can be run on a Mac, including a dual boot to Windows or a Virtual Machine, neither of which we are able to support. For UVA affiliates, the simplest solution is to take advantage of UVA Remote Apps, which provides access to Pro.
Please see the Fall 2021 Workshops tab on our Teaching Resources page for more information, including slides, handouts, post-workshop office hours and session recordings.
Related LibGuide: UVa GIS Resources by Chris Gist
Click to add to your Calendar! >> Add to a Calendar using iCal
The U.Va. Library is committed to hosting library events that are inclusive and welcoming to all. If you need certain accommodations to participate fully in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.