LLAMA Webinar: Exploring the Use of Succession Planning to Improve Recruitment and Onboarding
Employee transitions in libraries can be challenging for individuals and organizations to navigate. Periods of employee turnover often lead to confusion about staff roles and future opportunities. This can negatively impact services and users. However, careful planning for staff succession, recruitment and on-boarding can help mitigate these negative effects.
In this webinar, presenters will define the concepts of succession planning and on-boarding. Through two case studies, attendees will learn how these concepts informed a supervisor’s hiring and on-boarding process and what the positive impact was on supervisees in the first year.
At the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
• define the concepts of succession planning and on-boarding
• understand how these concepts can impact decision making regarding recruitment and hiring
• evaluate on-boarding activities through the lens of human resources best practices, and the perspectives of supervisors and new employees.
• identify opportunities to translate these concepts into their own practice
This webinar addresses several of LLAMA's Foundational Leadership Competencies including: Team Building, Change Management, Communication Skills, and Emotional Intelligence.
Our Presenters: Carolyn Schubert, Interim Director of Research & Education Services, James Madison University, Harrisonburg, Virginia; Alyssa Valcourt, Science and Mathematics Librarian, James Madison University; Liz Chenevey, Psychology Librarian, James Madison University
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- 2:30pm - 4:00pm
- LHR Learning and Development Calendar
- LLAMA Webinar
Registration has closed.
Click to add to your Calendar! >> Add to a Calendar using iCal
The U.Va. Library is committed to hosting library events that are inclusive and welcoming to all. If you need certain accommodations to participate fully in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.