Advocacy, Community, and Information Literacy: Using Wikipedia Edit-a-thon to Advance Your Library's Strategic Priorities
In this webinar, the presenters address the many benefits of hosting an edit-a-thon, including community engagement, professional enrichment, and opportunities for modeling and teaching information literacy practices. You'll learn how edit-a-thons can serve as a platform for advocacy by filling in gaps in Wikipedia’s coverage of certain topics and explore how they can help you advance your library’s strategic priorities.
You'll walk away with concrete instructions for how to host these collaborative event, a set of how-to resources for coordinating your own Wikipedia edit-a-thons, and ideas for developing edit-a-thon themes appropriate for your communities.
By the end of this webinar, you will be able to
- Articulate opportunities and challenges for hosting a Wikipedia edit-a-thon.
- Explain how a Wikipedia edit-a-thon meets the strategic goals of your institution and advocate within your library for an edit-a-thon.
- Kick-start planning an edit-a-thon, including ideas about themes relevant to your library.
- Friday, February 22, 2019
- 12:00pm - 1:00pm
- Alderman 423
- LHR Learning and Development Calendar
Click to add to your Outlook Calendar! >> Add to a Calendar using iCal
The U.Va. Library is committed to hosting library events that are inclusive and welcoming to all. If you need certain accommodations to participate fully in this event, please contact email@example.com.