GIS Virtual Workshop - Location Analytics with ArcGIS Insights
Is “location analytics” just a catchy buzzphrase? Probably, but while trendy terminology comes and goes, understanding your data is timeless. We’ll delve into this data analytics tool that allows you to explore your data, spatial and non-spatial, in an interactive workspace.
All sessions are one hour and assume participants have no previous experience using GIS. Sessions will be hands-on demonstrations with step-by-step tutorials and expert assistance. All sessions will be taught on Tuesdays from 1PM to 2PM and are free and open to the UVa and larger Charlottesville community. Late-comers are welcome and encouraged, registration is open until 1 hour before class. Click here for a full list of our Fall sessions.
If you've attended our workshops in the past, please note that things are a bit different this semester:
- All sessions will be taught virtually, via Zoom. Unfortunately, there will be no in-class sessions this semester.
- Registration is required. This is the best way to get Zoom links out to our attendees without posting the links to the world.
- Sessions will be recorded and made available, along with our slides and hand-outs.
Please see the Spring 2021 Workshops tab on our Teaching Resources page for more information, including slides, handouts, post-workshop office hours and session recordings.
Related LibGuide: UVa GIS Resources by Chris Gist
- Tuesday, March 30, 2021
- 1:00pm - 2:00pm
- GIS Workshop Scholars' Lab
- Chris Gist & Drew Macqueen
Click to add to your Calendar! >> Add to a Calendar using iCal
The U.Va. Library is committed to hosting library events that are inclusive and welcoming to all. If you need certain accommodations to participate fully in this event, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.